What is a self guided tour?
How can I make a booking for one of your trips?
Easy, just fill in the enquiry form completely, push the ‘send’ button and that’s that. The staff in our European offices will handle the rest and will contact you if they need further information.
Is my booking always directly confirmed?
No, almost all bookings are made ‘on request.’ This means that we’ll first have to contact our suppliers to see if accommodation is available on the dates you’ve chosen. If one of the accommodations is fully booked up, we’ll contact you to discuss alternatives.
What happens after my booking request is approved?
You will then receive an invoice and your travel contract by e-mail, with all the details on how to make your first payment.
How do I organise my international flights?
You must book your international flights yourself or our travel partner Stein Travel can do it for you. Be sure to book your flights only after you have received the final confirmation for your European Bike Trips tour. That way you’ll be sure of the arrival and departure dates.
Can European Bike Trips assist me with domestic flights & trains to get to my destination?
Yes, within Italy and Spain we can help you with booking domestic flights and train tickets. Please do not hesitate to contact our travel partners Stein Travel.
What type of accommodation will I stay at?
How do we decide where to stay?
- Most of our tours are comfort rated 3 (the category we call “comfortable”). You can expect to stay in en-suite, air-conditioned rooms in good quality, comfortable family run hotels, with possibly a night or two somewhere more basic to allow the itinerary to get off the beaten tourist track.
- Quality of service and standards of cleanliness and safety are more important to us than the hotel facilities; to us a friendly welcome and comfortable bed matter more than TVs and mini-bars.
- We prefer smaller, family run hotels, as they usually offer a warmer welcome and the money we spend gets re-invested in the local economy.
- We normally choose hotels that don’t insist on half-board or full-board packages: this gives you the flexibility to eat where you want and doesn’t tie you to the (often rather bland) hotel restaurant.
- Accommodation choices are based on what’s available in the places we want to stay: if that mean’s a simple guesthouse, so be it – we choose the accommodation to suit the itinerary, not the other way round.
Can I organise my own group?
Absolutely. Our groups option is ideal if you have a group of friends or a cycling club who are planning on travelling to Europe but looking for an extra level of flexibility in your touring plans. With all your accommodation organised, you’re free to explore the areas as a collective group, or break off in small groups to satisfy individual preferences, then all meet up again at the end of the day to share experiences. Depending on your group size, we can tailor the itinerary options to suit your group, with exclusive group departures. Contact our customer service department to discuss your plans and we can customise a solution to suit